2 kg pork shoulder
2 red onions
1 fennel bulb
2 celery sticks
6 cloves garlic
600ml good quality vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
1T olive oil
- Pre heat combination steam oven to slow cook, 110C.
- Set aside a heavy oven proof dish with a lid large enough to fit pork shoulder.
- Place 1tb oil into a fry pan, turn onto a medium heat, add pork and seal.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, place into deep dish.
- Heat vegetable stock with garlic in the fry pan, pour over pork.
- Chop fennel into 1cm thick pieces, chop celery into 4cm sticks, quarter carrots, onions into small wedges and scatter around pork shoulder.
- Put lid onto dish and place into AEG oven, cook for 6hrs.
This pork can be pulled and served on slider buns, tortillas or on a bed of mashed potato or polenta.