1 tablespoon butter
2 cans crushed tomato
Salt and pepper
2 sprigs parsley
100grams fetta cheese
¼ tsp sumac
8 slices sourdough
butter, for toast
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
40 grams butter
1tb olive oil
- Preheat combination oven to, 180c quarter steam and heat.
- Finely slice shallot and parsley, cut lemon into wedges and crumble fetta cheese.
- Grease 4 250ml ramekins (the wider lower rimmed ramekins work fantastically with this dish) generously with butter.
- In a small fry pan, add the shallot, garlic and 1tb oil add tomatoes, bring to a simmer on a medium heat, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sumac, divide evenly amongst the dishes
- Break 2 eggs into each dish, pin prick each yolk, top with crumbled fetta a sprinkle of parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place ramekins onto a tray and into combination oven for 11 minutes, egg whites should be cooked through, but depending on preference egg yolks can be served runny or hard. Remove from oven.6. Turn combination oven to fan bake 200 ºC, place bread onto tray and gently warm through, for approximately 2 minutes.
Serve with warm bread, a dollop of butter and lemon wedge
Tip: Eggs will not go rubbery in the steam oven.
Baked eggs are delicious with a variety of flavours, try adding some chorizio or Spanish salami