Scrumptious apple and blueberry crumble
As the temperature begins to drop, there is a need for some scrumptious warm winter desserts. This crumble is amazing. I have separated the crumble mixture from the apple mixture, as you could easily add this delicious crumble to the top of other fruits such as apricots, pears or prunes. If you could imagine a very ‘adult’ version of a crumble, imagine baked apricots, prunes with some muscat and a crumble topping!! TOTALLY DIVINE !
¼ cup water
2Tb brown sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1Tb dried blueberries
2Tb white chocolate bits
½ cup plain flour
¼ cup brown sugar
50grams butter (at room temperature)
¼ cup quick oats
- Pre-heat oven to fan grill, place a tray on a lower shelf in the oven.
- Chop apples into quarters, remove core, chop each piece into thirds.
- Place into a large saucepan with water, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla, cook over a medium heat until soft, 10-15minutes.
- Prepare crumble mixture, by placing all ingredients into a bowl, rub the butter between your thumb and index finger until the mixture is a uniform consistency.
- Into 4 individual or 1 large soufflé dish or any other oven proof dish, place the apples, scatter the white chocolate bits and blueberries. Scatter the crumble mixture over the top.
- Place crumble onto an oven tray, pop into the oven and allow crumble topping to become nice and golden.
7. Serve with a dollop of ice cream or cream.
This mixture can use pie apples, you will need to make sure they are warmed through.
This dish is suitable to freeze.