2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup white sugar
¾ cup of water
2 Tb cornflour
2 pieces thawed puff pastry, around 6 x 10 inches
- Dissolve cornflour with 2Tb until it is a smooth paste. Combine the blueberries, water, sugar, cornflour mixture into a small sauce pan, on a medium heat bring to a gentle simmer, allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from hotplate, place into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Heat combination steam oven to quarter steam and heat/25% steam 180c and line a tray with baking paper or grease 4 small (4cm) pie dishes.
- Cut the puff pastry into 8 even sized pieces, spoon blueberry mixture into the centre of the pastry leaving a 1cm border. Brush pastry with milk, bake for 15-20minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Lightly grease pie dishes cut a round of pastry to fit the dish, lightly press down, cut strips of pastry to create the lattice pattern. Spoon mixture into 4 pie dishes, lay 2 piece of pastry across the pies horizontally. Vertically alternate up and over the horizontal pastry pieces to achieve the lattice pattern. Brush pastry with milk, bake for 18-23minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with cream or ice cream, dust with icing sugar if you dare!