Combination steam oven: banana, date and macadamia bread
A totally moorish bite to eat.
2 ¼ cups plain flour
2tsp ground cinnamon
2tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
¾ brown sugar
250ml vegetable oil
10 fresh dates
10 macadamia nuts
1tsp vanilla bean paste
4 fresh dates
1/3 cup brown sugar
- Heat combination steam oven to 180oC quarter steam/ 25% humidity.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper. To prepare the topping: in a small saucepan melt butter, sugar and cream dissolve, set aside. Cut banana in half, cut each half into 3 slices lengthways, cut dates into quarters. Arrange a slice of banana and dates alternatively in loaf tin, gently spoon sauce over the mixture.
- Mash bananas, finely chop dates, crush macadamia nuts, lightly whisk eggs, mix with olive oil and vanilla. Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry, mix until combined, mixture will appear lumpy.
- Gently spoon into loaf tin, smooth the surface. Cook for 30 minutes or a skewer comes out clean, allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then turn onto a board and gently remove the paper.
- Serve with cream or ice cream and extra sauce.