White chocolate and Cinnamon Palmiers
Palmiers are bites sized pastries that have a heart shape, light and sweet morsels of sweet goodness, when baking the sugar caramelizes adding a rich flavor to these little pastry bites. These are a great to whip up when hosting and afternoon tea. Cinnamon and white chocolate is a perfect flavor combination. These light and fluffy pastries will set your taste buds into over drive mode. Best of all they can be made ahead and placed in the freezer and baked as required (after step 4).
The addition of steam helps us achieve that beautiful ‘puffy’ flaky pastry’, if you do not have a combination steam oven fan bake at 180C for a couple of extra minutes.
2 sheets puff pastry
2Tb brown sugar
120grams white chocolate
- Preheat combination steam oven to 180C quarter steam or standard convection over to 180C fan bake. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Sprinkle ingredients evenly over 2 sheets of pastry.
- Fold the left side and right side of the pastry in to the centre and lightly press, fold the left side and the right side of the pastry in half again.
- Cut into 1cm lengths. Place onto baking trays with a 1cm gap between palmiers.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Melt white chocolate, dip half of each palmier into white chocolate, place onto the baking paper and allow to cool.
Serve with tea of coffee or as a part of a high tea platter.