Making a delicious cake requires just a pinch of patience. Creaming butter and sugar ensures that the sugar is distributed evenly in the butter it also allows air to be dispersed in the butter creating a light and even to rise cake, creaming is likely to take between 5-8minutes. Adding lightly beaten egg eggs to the butter and sugar mixture and whipping for a minute on a low speed helps to incorporate air, creating a light and fluffy mixture.
125grams butter, at room temperature.
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup SR flour
1 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 quantity of butter cream
1 lemon zested and juice squeezed out
Time 60 minutes
Type of dish dessert
1. Heat a fan forced oven to 160C. Line a small cake tin with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until the mixture turns an off white colour.
- Add the eggs, ½ the lemon rind and vanilla beat until well combined.
- Mix the coconut and flour in a small bowl, using a spatula fold the dry mixture alternatively with the milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined pan, use the spatula to smooth over the surface.
- Bake for 55-60minutes, the cake should be golden and a skewer should come out clean.
Create 1 quantity of butter cream, add the lemon juice and lemon rind. Sprinkle with yellow popping candy or any other sort of small/crushed candy
See the best ever butter cream frosting
Dust with icing sugar and sprinkle with yellow popping candy or any other sort of small/crushed candy.
Or serve with a thick yoghurt