Are you looking for spectacular dessert for this weekend’s entertaining? Try these gluten free cheesecake cups, guaranteed to impress.
You could get creative with flavors, or make it a little boozy with some limoncello.
This cheese cake recipe tastes even better than it looks.
1 cup almond meal (toasted)
100grams butter melted
3TB brown sugar
100grams cream cheese
100ml thickened cream
1tsp vanilla bean paste
¼ cup castor sugar
1 whole lemon, zested (save ¼ tsp for the garnish)
4Tb lemon curd
¼ tsp lemon zest
- Place almond meal into a fry pan over a low heat and toast until golden brown.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan, add butter to almond meal mixture until a paste forms.
- Remove 1Tb of the mixture and set aside, divide the remaining into 4 and place into the bottom of 4 glasses, I used tumblers today, this looks great in martini glasses, bowls, fun wine glasses, and gently press down.
- Beat the cream until soft peaks form, add the remaining filling ingredients, beat until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 and place onto of the base in the 4 glasses.
- Allow to set for a couple of hours. Seal 1Tb of left over base mixture for the garnish.
- Just before serving, place a tablespoon of lemon curd, a pinch of lemon zest and a pinch of left over crumble mixture on top of each cheesecake.