Steamed Banoffee puddings
This delicious little pudding can be made in a combination steam oven or stove top steamer. If using a stove top steamer, grease either dariole moulds or ramekins.
- Chop dates, place into a saucepan with butter and cream. Place on a medium heat for 5 minutes or until dates are soft.
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ white sugar
1tsp vanilla bean paste
2 Cups Self Raising flour
250ml warm milk
- Preheat combination oven to full steam.
- Grease a 12 whole muffin pan, or use a silicone muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamed; add eggs one at a time. Mix milk and flour in alternatively until just combined.
- Thinly slice banana, place a couple of slices at the bottom of each muffin cup, top with a spoon of the date mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup with batter.
- Steam for 16-20minutes.
Serve with cream or ice cream, if you dare make another quantity of date sauce to smoother your puddings in.